BEST LONG DISTANCE MOVING COMPANIES IN VIRGINIA
Enter moving details and get your free no obligation best long distance moving companies quotes in Virginia in seconds.
Compare and save
2022 Best Virginia Movers & VA Moving Companies
If you’re planning a residential move to or from Virginia look no further for the best moving company in VA. Virginia is a beautiful state with a rich history, natural spots, pristine beaches, stretching coastlines, and a robust economy. It is also known as the birthplace of a nation. With the help of the best movers in Virginia, you can make your move comfortable, prompt, and affordable. Get the best price quote with them and choose them according to your requirements.
Whether you move to Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Arlington, or other cities, you can fill out our form and get the information about moving companies in Virginia, its reputation and moving quotes for your relocation.
19 Movers in Virginia
Find Best Movers In Other States
- Alabama (8)
- Alaska (2)
- Arizona (16)
- Arkansas (3)
- California (79)
- Colorado (17)
- Connecticut (6)
- Delaware (3)
- District Of Columbia (0)
- Florida (91)
- Georgia (15)
- Hawaii (0)
- Idaho (4)
- Illinois (44)
- Indiana (6)
- Iowa (5)
- Kansas (5)
- Kentucky (1)
- Louisiana (3)
- Maine (2)
- Maryland (23)
- Massachusetts (10)
- Michigan (18)
- Minnesota (8)
- Mississippi (1)
- Missouri (5)
- Montana (2)
- Nebraska (1)
- Nevada (8)
- New Hampshire (3)
- New Jersey (36)
- New Mexico (2)
- New York (34)
- North Carolina (7)
- North Dakota (0)
- Ohio (18)
- Oklahoma (6)
- Oregon (6)
- Pennsylvania (13)
- Rhode Island (5)
- South Carolina (7)
- South Dakota (0)
- Tennessee (16)
- Texas (54)
- Utah (9)
- Vermont (0)
- Virginia (19)
- Washington (19)
- West Virginia (0)
- Wisconsin (7)
- Wyoming (0)
Moving to Virginia
West Virginia is heaven with its Shenandoah River, older trees, and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Virginia is so close and draws people to its remarkable beauty. It’s a breathtaking and beautiful state. It has a nickname called Old Dominion. Virginia is a state of natural beauty with Virginia Beach, the largest city. It is situated along the coastline where the Atlantic and the Chesapeake Bay collides. About 38 miles stretch of coastline that incorporates the city’s best pristine beaches here. There are four leading rivers Potomac-Shenandoah River system, the York River, the James River, and the Rappahannock River that flow into the bay. The Blue Ridge Mountains are extending to 217 miles. You can enjoy activities such as surfing, paddle boarding, camping, mountain biking, and kayaking. Virginia is where 27 military bases are housed.
Pros and Cons of moving to Virginia
- – The state has excellent southern hospitality. The people are polite, friendly, and welcoming.
- – The healthcare here is top-notch and over 100 Virginia hospitals have been in the news for its high standards of hospital care and maintenance.
- – Great schools and education is provided in the state. Virginia Tech and Virginia University are regarded as the nation’s best schools. The state has top-notch education for higher studies.
- – It has several natural beauty spots and pristine beaches.
- – The state is very popular for its fall colors. Go to Shenandoah National park when the fall season is at its peak, and you will be amazed.
- – The state offers several water activities to enjoy, like surfing, paddle boarding, and other beach sports.
- – The state is rich in its history. Here you can see and tour the residences of James Madison, George Washington, James Monroe, Thomas Jefferson, John Taylor, and some others. You will tour a history book when in Virginia.
- – The crime rate of Virginia is low amongst the other United States.
- – The state has twenty-seven military bases, and over 60 thousand veterans reside in Virginia Beach alone. So, the state is a safe zone to reside in.
- – The job opportunities are right here. The state has a wide range of jobs to offer. The career fields are also updated and growing each day with a good range of wages.
- – The state is politically moderate, unlike the other United States.
- – The state has a thriving economy.
- – The state is known for its congested traffic.
- – The state fines you for foul language and cursing.
- – The state has high taxation as compared to several other countries.
- – The weather is temperate and mild but also unpredictable most of the time. It has hot sticky summers and mild winters.
- – The cost of living in Virginia is higher as compared to most of the other states.
The average cost of moving to Virginia
The overall median home cost in Virginia is 258,400 dollars, the index value of median utilities is 99.3, transportation is 99.4, and general miscellaneous expenses are about 100.5.
Virginia’s index of the cost of living is 103.74, which is above the US average. Hence, the cost of living is a little high as compared to the US average. However, it cannot be considered very high but reasonable.
How Can Virginia Moving Companies Reviews Help You?
Virginia Moving Companies gain momentum in their business through company reviews. These are the hands-on experience of their customers that help you to decide which one of them is best. The reviews help in determining several factors such as promptness of the service, costs associated, hidden fees, experience moving, customer service, and price quotes. Along with this, you get an idea about the company’s reputation, licensing and certifications. The customer reviews should be shortlisted based on the honesty of the review, elaborate information in the review, and on the majority of the reviews. These major reviews will give you sufficient clarity about the potential moving company.
Benefits of Hiring Virginia Moving Company
Moving to Virginia doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. Before starting your search, make sure you’ve gone through the following:
1. They Have More Experience Than You
Do you know how to maneuver an extra-wide couch through a standard door frame? Professional movers do — they go through intensive training so they can handle your belongings with ease. They can box up smaller belongings so that they’re transferred safely across the country.
2. It’s More Efficient
You’d probably have to spend weeks packing up your house if you did it by yourself. Bringing in a professional moving service means that you put that responsibility on someone else. And, because they’re pros, they can quickly box and package everything you own. They’ll be equally as efficient when you arrive at your new home. Cross-country moving companies will quickly unload and unpack your items in the right rooms.
3. It’s Safer
It’s easy to hurt yourself while carrying heavy items — unless you know what you’re doing. Professional movers do, and they will carefully transport your things — no need to hurt yourself in the process of moving.
4. They Have the Equipment
On that note, professional movers will have the tools required to move your belongings with ease. They can stack a half-dozen boxes on a dolly and roll them into your house. They’ll also have tarps and moving blankets to keep things padded and protected from water. If you did it yourself, you’d have to buy all of this equipment on your dime.
5. You’ll Have Peace of Mind
Finally, knowing that a professional company is handling your cross-country move will give you peace of mind. Studies have shown that moving is one of life’s most stressful events. Taking some of that strain off of your shoulders is advisable. Hiring someone to helm part of the move will surely reduce stress pre-move.