Moving to New York
New York is one of the best and most popular states in the United States to live in. It is a state of extremes, as they call it. More billionaires live here than any other city. It is a hub for fashion, food, media, technology and real-estate industries. Area wise, New York City is not very huge, but more than 8 million people live here. So, if you’re moving from a small place, it can be a bit overwhelming for you to live here. But one thing is for sure, it’s gonna be very exciting!
Apart from New York City, which is the largest in the state, Albany, Buffalo, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle and Yonkers are named among the main cities of the state. To help you a bit with your new journey, here are some important things about New York you should know.
Pros Of Living In New York
- – Living in New York is a thrilling experience. You can experience so much in so little time.
- – The transportation system of New York is top-notch. You don’t need to have a car to travel. What’s even better? The cheap transportation cost!
- – The food is amazing. Brace yourself for moving to New York. The food here is super delicious and often cheap. You can grab a pizza from any joint in Manhattan for just a buck. Isn’t that great? Also, you’re more likely to be a part of any food trend before anyone in the world, New York is the city that starts the trends.
Cons of Living in New York
- – The New York Weather! Yes, the weather of New York is unpredictable. You never know what kind of day it’s gonna be. It is a turn off for some people, whereas some New Yorkers totally enjoy this behavior of nature here.
- – Living in New York can be a bit expensive for some people. But if you have a decent job, you can totally survive in the state.
- – While there are some great parks and jungles in New York, you will not find them very often. All you’re going to see is huge buildings and skyscrapers. So, if you’re a nature lover, you might feel a bit restless in the concrete views.
- – There are plenty of work opportunities in New York because it is a major hub for many industries including technology, media, fashion, food etc.
- – It is believed that New Yorkers are rude, which is totally a misconception. In reality, New Yorkers are very friendly and cool people. The thing is, everyone is so busy here, you might feel left out if you’re not as busy as them.
The Cost of Moving to New York
There is no fixed cost for moving in NYC. This is because every apartment is not the same. The moving cost can vary depending upon certain factors. So, if you’re planning your moving budget, consider the following factors :
- – The city you’re moving in
- – Number of boxes
- – The distance to be moved
- – Total furniture and whether it is assembled or disassembled
- – Location of apartment (stairs or elevators, or takes long walk from the street)
- – Number of other heavy objects (pool table, piano, or any other kind of machine)
So, these are a few factors you can consider while budgeting your moving cost. The best idea is to call a few local moving companies and get your quotes. You can select the best movers in New York from their reviews and price quotes.
Moreover, the price of each moving company varies depending on the terms, schedules and the professional level. You can save a lot of money by selecting the right company. And for this purpose, you can take the reviews of New York moving companies into account. This is perhaps the best thing you can do!
We hope this article helps you in the best possible ways. All the best for your new journey to the wonderful city of New York!