Moving to South Carolina
Do you have plans to settle at Palmetto State? Must be thinking, where in the world is this place, never heard of it. Well, you are not the only one wondering, it got us too. So to tell you more, this is a beautiful southern state, with a rich history and diverse culture. Whether it is the low country by the coast, or it is the upcountry because of the mountains. Moving to South Carolina is all about hospitality and don’t forget the palm trees.
It is always good to know about employment opportunities when moving to South Carolina. Charleston, a major city with multiple job opportunities, When you compare the employment rate here, it is much better than many other cities.
Columbia is the next largest city, it is filled with huge parks and botanical gardens is a good place to move. The cost may be a limiting factor.
If you are someone who wants a life in the heart of nature, here are some names for you. Mount Pleasant, North Charleston, and the other. The next is Forest Acres, is a great place for kids, with many parks and a suburban feel, this place is ideal for nature lovers. Fort Mill is the next on our list – With many employment opportunities as well as social opportunities, this place is perfect to settle with a family. Irmo a small suburban town with good kind people, with a low crime rate, this place is a haven.
Pros and Cons of moving to South Carolina
Let us look into the Pros first
- – The people of South Carolina are very friendly.
- – The weather out there is fantastic.
- – The state is low on the gas tax.
- – Options for outdoor activities are ample.
- – If you kids who are moving to South Carolina with you, options for good schools are in abundance.
- – Charleston is the oldest city, and it has a history to tell in every street. The best part, the state is low on crime and property taxes.
With that being said, you also need to know the flip side. Let us look at some of the Cons.
- – Well, to start with the lifestyle expenses are on the higher side
- – Hurricanes can be a cause of worry, and floodings are often associated with it.
- – Just a word of caution insects can get you annoyed and alligators may be your summing pool pet. So watch out!
The average cost of moving to South Carolina
Let us look into three different ways moving to South Carolina.
1. You hire a moving company that will offer you full service, now depending on the type of property you choose the rates will vary. A studio apartment would require two movers, the cost for two hours is approximately $365, estimated time required to move is about three hours, so that makes it about $434. We have done some similar estimates and this is what it looks like. For a 1 bedroom house, you can end up spending up to $515, for 2 bedrooms it is $844, a 3 bedroom house moving will cost you around $1195. Hope you have got some idea now.
2. You just rent a truck, here your costs are low, but mind you the efforts have to be all yours. So assuming it is a 3 bedroom, you will be paying about $40 to $50 as the rental. Similarly, if it is a bigger apartment like a 5 bedroom, it can cost you somewhere in the range of $75 to $135.
3. You rent a storage container (portable), so what you do is fill up the container by yourself in your current city, and then the company stores it for you, once you finalize a place to stay in the new city, the company will deliver it to you. One container can store items for 3 bedrooms, and it will cost you about $190 or so.
How Can South Carolina Moving Companies Reviews Help You
It is estimated that the overall cost of moving to South Carolina can range between $2000 to $6000 depending on various factors. It is always good to read reviews about movers. Doing a little research always helps so reading reviews will let you know about the company like
- – Their Clientele.
- – What the customers have to say about their experiences.
- – The number of customer reviews tells you the amount of business the company is doing.
- – The oldest review can give you some idea about how long the company is in business etc.
Finally, we hope that we have been able to help you with a rough idea about how to go about this shifting. Remember when it is moving to a new place, it is all about knowing the place and its culture. Hope you have a pleasant one! Thank you for reading.