Moving to Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is such a state that happens to be rich in early American history. Other than that, there are lot of other reasons which might compel someone to move there. From small startups to big names, every kind of business is booming here. But there is more to this state than what meets the eye. From great food to creative culture and arts to professional sports to some stunning natural beauty; this place has everything and more.
For both geographic and economic reasons, this state is also referred as the “Keystone State”. In a way, Pennsylvania acts as a connector between the Southern states, the Midwest, the North-eastern states and the Atlantic seaboard. A lot of people call this state their home. Well, 12,801,989 people to be exact. In terms of population, it holds the 5th position in all of US. In fact, in all of US, it is the 9th most densely populated state. By area, Pennsylvania happens to be 33rd largest state in all of America.
This is a state of many firsts. Yes, from first automobile service station to first zoological garden to first daily newspaper to first computer to first police officer to first piano to first radio broadcast to first American flag to first to stand up against slavery to first to permit an abolition law in US; the list is almost endless. So, you can guess that it is a thriving state and a great place to move in.
Besides these, there are many other reasons why moving here will be one of the best decisions of your life. Next, we will take a look into the pros and cons of moving to Pennsylvania:
Pros of moving to Pennsylvania
- – The state is capable of providing a high quality of life. It offers four distinct seasons, breathtaking nature, world-class education, rich history, greater career fulfilment and much more.
- – Rent over here will be 50% lower than the average rent of all of America. It is quite close to New York City which is another plus point about this state. Real estate prices happen to be 2/3 lower than what it is in NYC. The median home value over here is around $173,100 currently.
- – Here amusement parks, food, parking lots, clothing and tattoo services are exempted for sales tax.
- – It was once considered as an economic powerhouse when it comes to steel production. Nowadays, the job opportunity created in this state is encouraging more and more people to move here. It is a home to 21 Fortune 500 companies.
- – K-12 education is excellent here. If you are looking for top universities and colleges, then this place will be perfect for you. Some education institutions available here are Temple University, Carnegie Mellon, University of Pittsburgh and University of Pennsylvania.
- – Love chocolates? The state’s most famous export happens to be Hershey’s chocolate. This state is the home to Hersheypark and Hotel Hershey. However, if wellness is a way of life for you, then Bedford is the place you need to know more about.
Cons of moving to Pennsylvania
- – The effective property tax rate is quite high here.
- – Some parts of Pennsylvania can experience a lot of traffic as the state is quite close to NYC and Washington DC.
Main cities of the State
Some of the major cities of this state are Philadelphia, Scranton, Erie, Allentown and Pittsburg. Some of the cheapest places to live here are Munhall, Turtle Creek, Bradford, Oil City, West Mifflin, Pottsville and Greenville.
The average cost of moving to Pennsylvania
Fortunately, there are several Pennsylvania moving companies that offer state to state and country to country move for both homes and offices. The cost of moving here will depend on a lot of factors. So, what is the total distance of the move, what are the things that you will be moving are all factors that contribute the price of the move to go up or down from your estimated budget. However, there are many companies that offer an affordable deal. They provide quotations and estimations, so you will beforehand know the average cost of moving to this state.
How can Pennsylvania moving companies reviews help you?
All the best movers in Pennsylvania has been in this business for a long time. Thus, the internet is filled with several customer reviews about their services. If you want to select the right moving company for you, then it will be best to go through these reviews. The reviews will definitely help you to learn more about the company of your choosing. Based on the reviews, you will be able to select the right company for the job.