Moving to Oklahoma
This state earned the nickname the “Sooner State” during 1889 or during Land Rush when settlers who happen to been here sooner than later were able to claim unassigned property. Even though those days are long gone, people still want to settle here as Oklahoma can offer some of the cheapest housing in all of America (median home value is $125,800 and $599 median rental expenses roughly). It has a thriving job market (minimum $7.25 per hour roughly) as well.
The state is much bigger than what it was back then. It pretty much falls right in the middle and has a ranking of 20th in landmass. About 3,956,971 people calls this state their home, and the state ranks 28th in population (35th in density rank). Over the past couple of years, the growth rate was about 0.25%. It is said that the population will grow in the coming years.
The state was built on “Black Gold”. Yes, a vast wealth is present below the crust of Oklahoma. All thanks to the discovery of Glenn Pool. To date, 340million barrels of oil has been yielded from Glenn Pool. So many oil companies thrived here. Once, Tulsa was known as the Oil Capital of the World. Oil, no doubt, has played a vital role in the history of Oklahoma.
Speaking of history, the state has the second largest Native American population in America. From Shawnee to Pawnee to Apache to Kickapoo, 39 tribes live here.
Like any other states, Oklahoma is not all sunshine and roses. Yes, it has some pros, but there are many cons of moving to this State as well. To provide a clear picture, let’s take a look into the pros and cons of moving here:
Pros and Cons of moving to Oklahoma
- – Whether you are looking to rent or buy, it happens to have one of the lowest housing expenses in the country. Whereas the average home price in the country is around $226,000. The average home price in the state is around $123,000. To rent a 1BHK apartment in Oklahoma City (most popular and largest city of the state), you have to spend around $700 on an average. Whereas, the average rent in the US happens to be somewhere around $1400.
- – As per USA Today, the state holds 4th position in being most affordable state to live in US. From monthly mortgage to utilities to entertainment, the state without any doubt can offer affordable living.
- – Are you from LA? Or, any other place where congestion is an issue that is unavoidable? Then, you will love Oklahoma. There is a lack of traffic which means no rush hour and no crowds, even in urban areas.
- – It is a land of diversity which people of many races living in harmony. Because of this diversity, it has become a place that is known for its music, food and culture. And we cannot forget about delicious BBQs.
- – Daily weather condition can change drastically.
- – Other than Oklahoma and Tulsa, there are not many big cities in this state.
So, Oklahoma and Tulsa are two major cities of the state. Other major cities are Norman, Lawton and Broken Arrow. Other than these, some places (cheapest) to live here are Ponca City, Alva, Henryetta, Holdenville, Chickasha, Perry, Noble, Blackwell, Seminole and Sulphur.
The average cost of moving to Oklahoma
There are many Oklahoma moving companies that offer competitive pricing. These companies specialize in state to state move for both homes, offices and others. If you are moving from another country, then also the move will be quite affordable. Based on the type of the move and what items you will be taking with you; the average cost can be anywhere from hundreds to thousands. Only the best moving companies provide quote and/or estimation, so you can contact one of your choosing to get the actual amount.
How can Oklahoma moving companies Reviews help you?
All the best movers in Oklahoma have online customer reviews all over the internet, and going through them is highly advisable. If you go through the reviews then you will be able to understand if the moving company is indeed capable of fulfilling all your moving needs. You can learn a lot about how the company performs with the help of the reviews. So, the reviews with undoubtedly help you to select the right moving company for your requirements.